The American Public Health Association’s Billion Steps Challenge makes it easy and fun to promote good health and physical activity in your family, neighborhood or workplace! Healthy Lodi has created a team you can join, or feel free to create your own workplace team. It's easy and fun! To help you successfully get moving, APHA has partnered with MoveSpring to give Challenge participants free access to their fitness-tracking platform. Here's how to join:
- Go to: http://nphw.org/get-involved/steps-challenge and click on Get Started
- If asked use APHA2019 as the group code. We are joining the American Public Health Association’s group.
- Select a team, create a team or join as an individual:
- Join your employers team. If your employer does not have a team, discuss and nominate a team captain. Choose the link “be a team captain” pictured above on the AHPA’s website and fill out the form to add your team. Your team will be approved in 24 – 48 hours. There are canned messages to send out to your team to engage your co-workers in getting started. To join as an individual, we recommend you choose team “Healthy Lodi Initiative” to represent our citywide effort.
- Download the MoveSpring app if you have not at this point.
- Choose sync a device if you have a device to count steps such as a Fitbit, Apple Watch, phone, etc. Some devices require you to go into MoveSpring to sync your steps occasionally. Apple Watch and Fitbit do not.
- If you do not have a wearable device or smartphone that syncs with MoveSpring you can enter steps manually. a. Navigate to app, then profile. Select Manual Entry from device options. b. Or go to the website https://app.movespring.com/profile/settings/device. From the dashboard select the Edit icon in the top right-hand corner.